I’ve been blogging now for 7 months, however I have only been self-hosted for little over 2. In these short months I have had the pleasure of getting to know loads of bloggers, some of which I am extremely proud to say have become my friends. I have really enjoyed the journey that blogging has laid out for me, In the short space of time I have had some amazing opportunities, I love how I can write-up a post and people from all over the place read and interact with it, that truly makes it worth while. A few months ago I was nominated for my first blogging award (Liebster) and now I have been nominated for my second, I could cry!
The beautiful K from Anxiously, Me has nominated me for the “Versatile Blogger Award” (VBA) and I am utterly gob smacked, K is someone who writes from the heart, she shares her bad days just as much as she shares her good and to me, that is truly inspirational. Anxiously, me is a blog about mental health and lifestyle. I have had days where I can relate to every single thing she has posted and it is truly reassuring to know that I am not alone, the struggles I face? Others are going through them too! K you are an incredible writer and woman and I am speechless that you nominated me!
The “Versatile Blogger Award” is a recognition of bloggers who post quality content/writing as well as bloggers who offer a unique perspective on topics that may not be as widely talked about in such a personal way. Its aim is to recognise bloggers who you think make a real difference in the world/to the world of blogging.
The Rules of being nominated are:
- Thank the person who gave you this award. Include a link to their blog – if you can figure out how to do it,
- Select 15 blogs/bloggers that you’ve recently discovered or follow regularly,
- Nominate those 15 bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award – include a link to this site,
- Finally tell the person who nominated you 7 things about yourself.
Here are 7 things about me:
- I suffer from Epilepsy which has Anxiety as a side effect, although I take tablets that control my Epilepsy to a degree now, my Anxiety has gotten much, much worse, I can regularly be found asking my boyfriend or mother if something is wrong with me over and over again.
- Growing up, I had very little friends – 2 to be precise however, when I had my first seizure in year 8, they became distant so I ended up spending my school days alone.
- There is one meal I will order wherever I go and that is Hunters chicken/smothered chicken which is basically chicken breast covered in cheese and bacon, however I order it without the cheese and bacon but will not order the plain chicken and chips that is also on the menu simply because I prefer the sides to the smothered one – The looks I get from the waiters make it even more funny.
- Chocolate and Ready Salted crisps are my guilty snack!
- When my brother was younger he had a nightmare that I had pushed him down the stairs and to this day he believes that it was real!
- I have the worlds biggest crush on Ryan Reynolds, so much so that when we recently went to the cinema to watch the latest film that he had a lead role in I was that drawn in that I left the cinema without a clue as to what the story line was and I didn’t even get half way through my drink and popcorn because my eyes were fixed to the screen!
- My school banned me from Prom because of my seizures – they said that if I was to have a seizure then the night is ruined for everyone.
My 10 nominees are:
Zoe – Mummy & Liss. Zoe is a Parenting and Lifestyle blogger who welcomed me into the blogging world with open arms, she posts the most inspiring and hooking posts every Monday, Wednesday and Friday. She has an amazing way with words that makes you want to read every last word of each post she publishes.
Becca – My Girls & Me. Becca is a Parenting Blogger who publishes awesome content to her blog, I am absolutely loving reading about her little girl growing her own carrots, each week Becca uploads an update on how the carrots are getting on. It is so lovely to see a little girl so interested in growing vegetables instead of watching endless amounts of TV.
Gee – Gee Gardner. Gee! Oh my word, where on earth do I start? Gee is our comedy queen!
Marc – Living Unplugged. Living Unplugged is a blog about making the most out of your life.
Cheryl – Mummy of 5 miracles. A bit of everything blog!
Alex – Better together. A travel and lifestyle blog.
Angela – The Inspiration Edit. A parenting and lifestyle blog.
Elizabeth – The Homemakers Journal. A blog sharing the good, the bad and everything in between!
Clarissa – KK, Moo and Monkey 2. A parenting and Lifestyle blog.
Chris – The Opinionated Dad. A parenting and lifestyle blog. Blogging for dad kind!