This is a dish that the whole family loves, its cheap and easy to make with the added wow factor. Perfect for families, dinner parties, anything!
This serves 4.
to make this dish you will need:
- 900g of chicken thighs with the bone in.
- 2 teaspoons of salt
- 1 teaspoon of freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoonsof plain flour
- 3 tablespoons of sunflower oil
- 15 whole garlic cloves, unpeeled
- 2 tablespoons of dry sherry
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 200ml of chicken stock.
How to make:
- Pat the chicken thighs dry with kitchen paper.
- Sprinkle the thighs with salt and pepper evenly.
- Roll the thighs in the flour and then shake off any excess.
- Heat a wok on a high heat until it is hot.
- Add the oil to the wok.
- Once the pan is hot and slightly smoking, turn the heat to low and add the chicken skin side down.
- Brown the chicken for approximately 10 minutes either side.
- Drain off all the excess fat.
- Add the garlic and stir fry for 2 minutes.
- Add the dry sherry, soy sauce and stock.
- Turn the heat to as low as possible, cover and braise for 20 minutes until chicken is tender.
When the chicken and garlic are cooked, remove them from the wok and serve them with rice, sprinkle with chives and serve, best of all enjoy!
If you try this recipe out leave a comment below and let me know how it went.