Welcome back to Food Friday, I haven’t uploaded a recipe in a while so I have loads lined up for the coming weeks.
I am kicking Friday Food with Carbonara! Although this is a relatively easy recipe I along with many other people I know have a tendency to make it go wrong. I tweaked the recipe a little and ended up with not only a quick and easy recipe but it is extremely cheap too!
For this recipe you will need:
- 100g bacon lardons
- 50g Pecorino cheese
- 50g Parmesan
- 3 eggs
- Linguine pasta (simply because i forgot what the proper pasta was called that goes with Carbonara!)
- 2 garlic cloves peeled
- 50g unsalted butter
- salt and pepper
- Grab a large saucepan fill it with water and bring it to the boil. Whilst your water is warming up, finely grate both cheeses and mix them together. Next, take your eggs in a medium bowl and beat them seasoning them with pepper.
- add a pinch of salt to the water and then add the spaghetti once your pasta comes back to the boil reduce the heat so that it cooks on a constant simmer. cook until just cooked.
- Whilst the pasta is cooking, squash the garlic with the blade of your knife, it’s time to begin the sauce! place the butter in a large frying pan over a medium heat and as soon as it has all melted tip in the bacon and garlic. Stir often until the bacon is slightly crispy. You will now find that the garlic has left his flavour on your bacon so you can now remove the garlic from the pan and chuck.
- Turn the heat down to medium, your pasta should be ready by now so grab your tongs and lift them from the water and place into the frying pan with the bacon. Don’t get rid of the water just yet as you may need it later!
- Next, you’ll need to mix most of the cheese with the eggs that you beat earlier, be sure to keep a small amount of cheese back to sprinkle over your food later! Remove the frying pan from the heat and pour in the egg and cheese mix,lift up the pasta so that it mixes all in, the egg and cheese mix should thicken but not scramble, next you’re going to add a few tablespoons of the water to keep the egg mix saucy. You don’t want it too wet season with a little salt.
- Next, it is time to serve it up! Spoon it out onto the plates and sprinkle with a bit of the cheese.
- Finally, enjoy!