Welcome back! A quick glance at my diary tells me that we are on Friday already! Yes, I really did need to look at my diary, in fact, I haven’t been without my diary for the past couple of weeks. Anyone else find that their knowledge for days of the week just completely disappears as soon as you hit Christmas? I am really struggling with my days.
Anyway, it is most certainly Friday which means I am coming at you today with a brand new recipe. Yes we are in a new year but Food Friday is here to see another year. I have absolutely loved sharing easy child friendly recipes with you all over the past year so it just had to stay.
Today I am sharing a recipe for Chicken tikka skewers. This is a recipe that everyone I serve this to loves, including my child who has so clearly made being even more fussy her new years resolution. It is driving me insane!
I like to serve my Chicken Tikka Skewers along side some warm Chapattis and a lightly dressed Salad. A salad I might add, that my daughter absolutely loves. What a win!
If this is a recipe that interests you, and is one that you would love to try I have included the recipe below. There is also an option to print it for free so that you are able to keep it for future reference! Yay!
Chicken Tikka Skewers with Chapattis and a dressed side salad
Chicken tikka is a massive favourite in our household. However, it is getting a little repetitive when I serve it with rice all the time. I decided to switch things up a little and make Tikka skewers instead.
- 2 Onions, roughly chopped
- 6 Garlic Cloves, roughly chopped
- 10 cm Fresh Root Ginger, peeled and roughly chopped
- 2 Red Chillies, deseeded and roughly chopped
- 2 tsp Ground Coriander
- 2 tsp Ground Cumin
- 2 tsp paprika
- 2 tsp Garam Masala
- 1 tsp Salt
- 4 tbsp Tomato Puree
- Handful Coriander, roughly chopped
- 12 Boneless, Skinless, Chicken thighs, cut into quarters
- 2 Limes, Cut into wedges
- 1/2 Cucumber, roughly chopped
- 4 Tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 4 Spring Onions, roughly chopped
- 1 Iceberg Lettuce, shredded
- 1 tsp Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 tbsp Oil
- 12 Wooden Skewers
- 6 Chapattis
1. Put all the ingredients into a food processor with 2 tbsp of water and blitz in to a paste.
2. Time for the skewers, place the tikka paste into a large bowl, add in the chicken pieces and stir until they are fully coated. Cover the bowl with clingfilm and then place it in the fridge to marinate for at least 30 minutes.
3. While the chicken marinates, soak the 12 skewers in cold water for around 20 minutes, then drain.
4. Place all the ingredients for the salad in a bowl and toss together, cover and then place in the fridge.
5. Preheat the oven to 180C Fan.
6. Remove the marinated chicken from the fridge and thread four pieces onto each skewer. Lay the completed skewers on a baking tray and cook them in the oven for around 20-25 minutes. Turning once until the chicken is fully cooked through.
7. Warm the chapattis through according to the guidelines on the packet.
8. Serve the hot chicken skewers on top of the warm chapattis with the salad and a wedge of lime.
Thank you for popping, new recipes are posted every Friday so please pop by again soon.