This is a recipe that is a hit with the whole family. It is really easy to create but at the same time it has the wow factor. When Ryan and I were newly dating it was probably one of the first meals I ever cooked for him, he didn’t die and he’s still with me so I’m guessing I did good?
- 2 juicy Sirloin Steaks
- 300ML Double cream
- 100g button Mushrooms, sliced
- 2 Garlic cloves, sliced then chopped.
- olive oil
Remove the steak 10 minutes before cooking and rub Olive oil, then season with Salt and Pepper on both sides.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a saucepan over a high heat. Add in your sliced Mushrooms and fry until lightly browned. Add in the garlic and stir for 2 minutes then reduce the heat to medium.
- Time to add in the cream. Stir occasionally and bring to the boil. Making sure that you don’t over boil it.
- Season, add salt and pepper.
- Leave to cook for about 8 minutes or until the sauce reduces by around half.
- place the lid on and leave it to sit and thicken.
- Heat a heavy based pan over a high heat
- Add the steak and cook over a high heat for 1 minute each side.
- Reduce the heat to medium and cook for: 3 minutes either side for medium – rare, blue about 1 1/2 minutes either side, rare 2 minutes, medium about 3 1/2 minutes and for well done cook for 4 minutes either side.
- Once cooked remove from the pan and leave to sit for around 5 minutes before serving.
Once finished, place on a plate with chips, salad and coleslaw and pour on the sauce. serve immediately.