Winter is just around the corner (yay!) which means that out comes the slow cooker. For me, I love using the slow cooker at this time of year because it just screams winter. The smell of dinner fills the room throughout the day and it’s just so relaxing to not have to stand around cooking each evening when lets face it, we could be writing our christmas list’s to Father Christmas!
In place of Food Friday, I will now be including some slow cooker recipes that we have tried and are loved by all. So if easy, cheap and toddler approved recipes are what you’re after then you have come to the right place.
Slow Cooker Spaghetti Bolognese.
This spaghetti Bolognese is super easy to make. You only need a few ingredients and most of them can be found in your cupboards!
Below is a list of the ingredients that you will need.
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 large Onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 750g mince beef
- 1/2 cup red wine (optional)
- 400g chopped tomato
- 250ml beef stock
- 3 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tbsp vegetable stock powder
- 2 tsp of marjoram (I purchase mine here because it tastes a lot nicer than that bought in my supermarket!)
- 2 tsp mixed herbs
You can add some vegetables like carrots if you desire and also top it off with some grated cheese.
- In a large pan heat the oil over a medium/high heat then add the onion and cook it until translucent. Add the garlic and leave to cook for about 30 seconds. Next, add in the beef and fry until it begins to go brown, breaking it up with the spoon. Then place it in Slow cooker.
- In the large pan, pour in the wine whilst scraping away any bits of the fried mince from the pan. Once it reaches a gentle simmer transfer it to the slow cooker.
- In the Slow cooker, add in all the other ingredients. cover and leave to cook on low for 6 hours or high for 3.
- Once the Spaghetti Bolognese is nearly cooked it is time to cook the spaghetti.
Plate up and serve with grated cheese and garlic bread if desired.
Below is a FREE printable of this recipe where you are able to edit the serving to suit how many people you are cooking for and it will change how much of each ingredient you need. Perfect!
I do hope you enjoy this recipe. If you try it out please do let me know by either commenting in the comments or reaching out to us on my social channels.